Brax allows you to import data to populate custom metrics that can be viewed in reporting and used in rules.
- Click your email in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Account option.
- Click on the blue pen by imported metrics to edit those options.
- Name the metrics you want to import.
- Choose the format for each one.
Example 1: You can name one as "Imported Revenue" and select currency as a format.
Example 2: You can name one as "Imported Conversions" and select integer as a format.
Upload data to populate custom metrics.
- Click Data Import from the menu on vertical menu on the left side.
- Click the purple Export button on the top right.
- Choose "Download the Template" from the menu.
- Download and open the template.
- Paste the available data by each dimension into the file.
- Save the spreadsheet.
- Go back to Brax Data Import where you downloaded the template and select "Choose File".
- Find and select your data and click Open. The max file size you can upload is 5 megabytes.
View custom metrics in Brax performance reports.
- Go to Campaigns from the left side vertical menu.
- Press the Columns plus sign below the graph in the top right of the table.
- Select the "Imported Metrics" header to show available columns.
- Select the custom metric you want to display as a column.
- If you do not see data for the custom metrics by specific dimensions such as publisher or ad, please contact help.
NOTE: These metrics will also appear in rules.
My uploaded data isn't here!
Make sure you have enough points to match on. We need at least the date, the source, and the campaign name. Misspelling or abbreviating any of these fields will fail the match. Dates should always be in month/day/year format. Any blank cells need to contain 0 and any blank rows need to be removed. Duplicate rows will override each other, so be sure to sum your data. Spaces before or after campaign names may cause matching to fail.
Improper file type error
The only file type imported metrics accepts is .xlsx (excel workbook). Any other file type, including .xlsx (strict open xml spreadsheet), will not work.